Sunday 8 March 2015

Word List #1

Long time no see yaaa. Here, I come back after a very long holidays. One week, quite long right? But I don't feel that way as the one week come and go as fast as lightning and I am not satisfied with it. So, I am here with new spirit (again), and I want to accomplish my assignment as good as I can to achieve my dream to fly to USA. Wooooooooo ~
Before I jump into the word list, may I talk a little bit about our SPM results ? Ouhh, of course. No one can stop me. This is my blog and I can do anything that I like.. How rude am I right? Do afraid of me. HAHAHA.
Well, as all Malaysians knew, the SPM's results came out on last Tuesday, 3rd March. Praise to Allah, The Almighty, my previous high school, MJSC Tun Gafar Baba got the 3rd ranking for SPM not only  among MJSC but also in Malaysia. What a very great achievement. Give us a round of applause. *clap*. Done. Lets proceed with our word list of the day ~


1. ABHOR
  • hate
Eg :
  • She abhor him since they were in high school.


2. BIGOT
  • narrow-minded, prejudice person
Eg :
  • He is such a bigot because he does not allow his daughter to marry that man



3. COUNTERFEIT
  • fake, false
Eg :
  • All the flowers in the hall are counterfeit.


4. ENFRANCHISE

  • Give voting rights
Eg :
  • Everyone has enfranchised to vote for the one who will build the state.


5. HAMPER
  • hinder, obstruct
Eg :
  • Fire safety door, do not hamper.

6. KINDLE
  • to start a fire
Eg :
  • He used the stones around him to kindle a fire at the campsite.


7. NOXIOUS
  • harmful, poisonous, lethal
Eg :
  • The chemical in the lab is noxious to human.


8. PLACID
  • calm, peaceful
Eg :
  • Beach is a placid place to release our mind. 


9. REMUNERATION
  • payment for work done
Eg :
  • He gets the remuneration after he had done painting the big house. 


10. TALISMAN
  • lucky charm
Eg :
  • He grandfather gave him a talisman on Christmas as a guardian for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment